Asian interior design is gaining popularity in many countries. In the past, it was only used in Asian countries, but many people are now taking up the Asian interior design for their own homes. The main reason being that it is unique. Other people are mixing the original Asian interior design with the modern designs hence coming up with a brilliant blend. Here are some great Asian interior designs trends that are worth looking at.
- Terrazzo All Through
Terrazzo is a type of interior design of Asian origin that is used as a coating. In the past, you would find a small part of it in a house. However, the new trend is that the design is being used all of a home. In 2019 many people prefer to use it for the entire house as a wallpaper, table use, upholstery, and coasters. With a mix of Terrazzo across the interior, the outcome is fantastic.
Baliness is another Asian interior design that is trending in 2019. It is an architectural design that is nature-oriented. This interior design makes use of several natural local materials that blend to produce a serenity effect. The central theme is to create a good harmony of angga(nature), khayta(god) and atma(human). High ceilings with large windows characterize the design. There are also bamboo materials, teak wood furnishes, and coconut wood that bring nature effect on white space.
- Shades of Green
You may not be a fan of green, but when you see this design, you will for it. It is an interior design where you have shades of green that provide a very soothing natural look and feel. To be able to provide the best effect, the shades of green are incorporated with some good furniture with a natural look.
- Colors of India
The Indian colors, as part of home interior design, are being embraced by many people as a way to bring in calm, yet vibrant look in a house. One of the reasons why the Indian colors are becoming the best choice is that they do not show too much of the modern world neither are they dull. Once you have this, you bring in a concept of beauty that is manifested through culture. Such colors carry a lot of meaning, and they are bold with beautiful patterns. The patterns are uniquely inspired by turmeric, cumin, curry powder, and other spices in the Indian culture.
It is not all about colors since you have a chance to use the designs in the furniture, and fabric patterns. Indian carpets and rugs are an excellent way to add taste.
- Chinese Interior Philosophy
There are many ways through which you can make your home interior by the use of Chinese inspired designs. However, you do not want to do it in excess. The best way to do it is by following Feng Shui teachings. The plans you get from this are amazing.
It is an interior Chinese philosophy whose main aim is to create a balance in a home by use of colors and Chinese pieces. These may include wood, metal, fire, or water. However, Feng Shui comprised of masters who had the ability for the flow of energy. And as a result, your interior design will be manifesting their skills and philosophy.
By using this type of design, you have a chance to bring in a natural look with other materials that are soothing enough to bring in spirits with enough energy. Since this is a design that seeks to provide as much taste by use of nature as possible. There is a need for enough natural light through windows and doors also.
5 Design Tips for an Awesome and Organized Kid’s Playroom
Your ultimate kids’ playroom should guarantee fun to your little ones and give them an unforgettable experience in their early days of life. After all, this is the stage where their memories and imaginations should go wild.
But this doesn’t mean the whole space should be in an endless state of a terrible mess. Who said fun and organization cannot go together, after all? While a few storage solutions may help you organize the playroom space, here are the top 5 ways to combine style and storage in one place to give you kids the best experience.
1. Organize with Bright Colors
A proper organization using bright colors is key to creating an awesome playroom that your kids will not only adore but also enjoy playing in. Brighten up space by painting the walls using your kids’ favorite colors, an underwater theme or a hand-drawn design to further accentuate the space.
Going with neutral colors is never a bad idea either, especially if you are looking to accentuate a modern-day playroom or if you aren’t totally keen to mix bold colors in your room. And with neutral colors, don’t forget to include bright pillows or rugs to wow the interior space.
2. Use Wall Decals
Kids will naturally change their interests, styles, and activities over time and you can’t blame them for that. It is the normal growth and developmental process.
So, if you’re unwilling to commit to a given theme or color design just yet, the modern, stick-on wall decals might just be the right solution. These options allow you to create a cool playroom for your kids without having to worry about a specific color design or style.
3. Consider an Easy-to-Clean Flooring
Children are naturally messy which makes it all the more imperative to opt for flooring that won’t give you trouble cleaning or renovating. Going with wooden floors is a smart decision for rooms that are susceptible to stains.
But it would be nice to opt for a flooring idea that’s easy to maintain even when working on a tight budget. To this extent, foam flooring seems the most ideal option. These floor types are not only easy-to-clean but also fun to add comfort and color designs to your room. And the best part? Your kids will like it.
4. Include Toy Cabinets
Adding toy cabinets is one of the smartest playroom ideas you can adopt for your kids. Why? It enables them to display some of their best toys hassle-free while at the same time giving them easy access to their favorite games, books or even playsets.
Kids are fantastic beings but are also young, impatient souls and the last thing you want to subject them to is to make them spend countless hours digging through boxes in the closet in search of their favorite toys.
5. Include Comfortable Seating
Your kids’ playroom isn’t just a normal playing space. And it doesn’t have to be so complicated either. Fun is key when designing a kids’ playroom but comfort is just as important. Regardless of the playroom design that you adopt, don’t forget to include a comfy seating that’s easy to set up.
The key here is to keep everything simple by including a few bean bags chairs and other fun pieces such as a couch or floor cushions.
For all their characteristics, kids deserve the best playroom space that’s designed with their needs in mind. It’s plain to see that there is not a single design idea that’s right or wrong for everybody. And even some of the best tips are not a one size fits all solution. So, choose a method that will work for your room and give your kids the memorable experience they are craving for in their childhood.
The 50 Best Decorating Tips of All Time
Looking at some of the well-decorated homes and interiors, one might easily get tempted into thinking it’s all about buying expensive furniture and decor accessories. While buying expensive items might certainly work in favor of giving your decoration the much-needed pomp, it’s not the only way to get a slick look.
The trick is to learn the nitty-gritty of decor. Those subtle things that you can do to elevate your decoration from dull or plain to warm, classy, welcoming, slick and exquisitely superb.
Here is a compilation of the 50 best decoration tips of all time:
- Get the right colors – color forms the backbone of any decor. Playing around with colors can give you varied room “moods” that you can pick from. Brighter colors will give you the feel of a brighter welcoming room while the darker colors elicit sophistication and warmth. It’s not enough to just pick a color, but consideration also needs to be put on the shade and combinations.
- Fresh flowers are always a good idea– Flowers can light the mood a great deal. Use flowers to add some extra color, a bright feeling, and texture to the decoration. With many bright and colorful flowers available, there is no limit as to what you can do with these natural beauties.
- Get both old and new items– don’t group up old items together and the new ones together. Mixing up both your newly acquired items and the old ones will not just help boost your decoration but bring out a mature fashionable look.
- You can’t go wrong with white– trying to figure what color to pick for that dresser, coffee table, desk or wall to match what you already have? If you just can’t seem to figure what color to pick – go white. White color blends easily with almost all other colors.
- Floor to ceiling shelves– this a good idea if you want to add character to your living room space. Stack the shelves with books, some shells or vases and watch your room explode to something completely awesome.
- Use mirrors– mirrors can be hung as decoration items to fill up the room. When hung across windows, it gives the room a much brighter look and feel. Mirrors also maximize the daylight making the room look quite elegant.
- Be Holistic in your decoration– when decorating, don’t just look at it as portions but rather as a whole. Make sure everything fits and blends well together.
- Curtains are best hung closer to the ceiling– the higher your curtains are and the closer to the ceiling, the more dazzling and graceful the room will look.
- Always make your bed – simplest, but one of the most basic decorations you have to do every morning.
- Forget not to use Art – paintings, photos or sculptures will give your room some vibe, aura and sophistication. Pick something that communicates your feelings and easily blends in with your room.
- Antiques don’t disappoint– you don’t have to buy a truckload of these, just one for every room is enough to light up your decoration to another level of fineness. Mixing these antiques with your modern, new items will add texture, style, balance and color.
- Use wallpapers to make a statement– cover up your walls with well designed and creative wallpapers. Bring out your imagination by using creative wallpapers and turn your room into a jaw-dropping sanctuary of choice.
- Add some touch of nature– nothing speaks fresh and clean like a bowl of fruits and fresh vegetables placed deliberately at the center of your table. Green plants are such a plus, when evenly balanced. Nature gives your room such a welcoming and relaxed feel.
- Make creative zones in open spaces with rugs– choose rugs of different colors to achieve separate zones in the same room.
- Let your bed float in the middle of your bedroom – a bed tagged in one corner of the bedroom is not the most attractive thing.
- Give the furniture a floating feel– avoid putting your furniture in direct contact with your walls. Rather put them some two inches away from the wall. This will give the room a more relaxed and easy look.
- Enrich your walls with fabric – you can use fabric on your walls to give them some unmatched richness. The result is a dazzling, very laid-back look.
- Install your shiplap horizontally – this makes the room look warmer and larger. In a room with a high ceiling, the best way to go is vertical.
- Do extensive research and test everything before committing – you want to put up something that gives you joy every time you see it. So before painting that room white or buying an accessory, you want to be sure that it will be worth your while.
- Make bold statements with color – color can be used in many ways to make statements in decoration. Think about blending high contrasting colors and picking one as the theme. For instance, you can pick Earth colors like tan and light brown, contrast these with a little touch of blue here and there.
- Use some pillow magic– one of the simplest and best ways to make a statement in your living room is by using pillows. Make use of pillows to throw in different colors around the place to give it life. Square or rectangular pillows are always best to bring in color.
- Broadlooms for small budgets– broadlooms are not just pocket-friendly but also pack limitless aesthetic possibilities. They come in all manner of patterns, color, mosaics and can be cut to fit irregular spaces- the advantages are numerous. There is no design or color that you can find hard to match with one of these.
- Use cord covers– I’m pretty sure no one loves the sight of cords running up and down in a room – definitely not appealing. The best way to get rid of such eyesores is to cover them up. You can choose decorative cord covers that spice up things or plain ones that simply blend in with your theme.
- Browse the retail shops around before buying – don’t just walk into one shop and get everything from it. Walk around, take your sweet time looking for the most eye-catching items. No one single shop can stalk everything, you need to take time and sample all the shops and what they have to offer.
- Make use of outdoor fabric– tired of your kids or pets always ruining the furniture or pillows? Well, here is the answer, bring in the outdoor fabrics. Outdoor fabrics meant for the patio are your best hope for such a setting.
- Rugs should always be grounded– remember to always have something resting on the rug. Let your furniture’s legs rest on the rugs.
- Get some painting practice– planning to do the painting yourself, I strongly suggest you acquire the skill first. This will go along way in the long run. You will never need to depend on professional painters.
- Pendants should hang low in the dinner and islands– so much prettier and easily noticeable at just about three feet off surfaces.
- Regular cleaning– sounds obvious. Nothing says beautiful like a clean and neat space. Clean and replace your decorations regularly. This includes cleaning your windows, curtain boards and all those spaces that would easily be overlooked.
- Decorate non-working fireplaces– it’s not a good idea to just have a blank unused fireplace in your living space. Get creative. You can think of having some candles or some well-packed firewood in there.
- TV’s for the living room – you can’t have these anywhere near your bedroom or kitchen- just not a good idea. Completely kills the sophistication.
- Use white in smaller spaces– in small spaces, white color creates an illusion of a much bigger room. Use white paintings, furniture, curtains in your small space to bring out this much-needed illusion.
- Gypsum is a modern-day decoration hack– gypsum can be used to make epic wall art or ceiling designs. There is no limit as to what you can do with gypsum. For a truly magnificent, grand and jaded look, think of doing some gypsum art.
- Curtains on walls and beds’ headboards – curtains do not have to be confined to windows, you can use them to add color and texture on walls and beds’ headboards. All you need is to put a curtain board and drop some velvet, silk or silk curtains. These pieces of decoration add warmth and restful energy to your room. Aside from adding beauty to an already decorated house, curtains are easy to replace or change, unlike paint or wallpaper.
- Use floating bookshelves– an intriguing idea that will keep your visitors thinking. The shelves make the books look like they are floating on air attached to the wall.
- An attractive piece of art as the center of attraction– this is a nice way to always draw in the attention of anyone walking into the room.
- Get professional advice or help whenever possible– as much as you’d love to put up every piece of decorative work yourself, a time might come when you might need to borrow some advice. Don’t shy away from seeking help. Good thing is that you can get almost all the help you need online too. Feel free to also consult family and friends – decoration needs a little bit of combined effort.
- Contrast is key– use dark colors like black to bring in contrast into your rooms. Dark colors can make the room have a more intimate feel.
- Don’t fall for impulse buying– to sustain a fresh look, always make well-informed purchases. You can buy one or two pieces after a year or so just to give yourself some good time to research. This will also save you a lot of money.
- Paint according to the direction of light– for those on the northern hemisphere, use bright colors in darker areas of the room, usually on the northern facing room. Rooms facing the east and south are usually well lit, use blue or white in these rooms. In western facing rooms, use pink or red to make the room look warmer.
- Be creative– the consultation is okay, but this shouldn’t limit your imagination. Think out of the box and use your imagination. Trial and error will come in handy in this case.
- Invest in the entryway– first impression is key. Your entryway is the first thing you or your visitors will see when walking into the house. Use a large mirror or exciting paintings and furnishings to give a good welcoming mood.
- Be willing to get rid of items– if it is not appealing to look at just delete it. Don’t insist on using something just to get your money’s worth. If unsure of an item, do the same.
- Use trays and racks to store items– everything looks good when well arranged and sorted. Use trays and racks to store away items like perfume bottles and kitchen utensils.
- Golden plant and flower pots– spray paint your flower pots gold. Use these around the house to add an exquisite touch to an elaborate decor.
- Decorate hallways with bold colors like purple– this would make a nice space for displaying art collections
- Make a table display– create a piece of attractive artwork by displaying collectibles on a table.
- Remember comfort comes first– ensure you can have a life. You don’t want to have something that looks like it’s straight from the showrooms but is completely inhabitable. Your sofas, beds, and furniture need not only look good but also be comfortable.
- Give your decoration some level of flexibility– this means investing in movable furniture, temporary designs and easily changed furnishings. No one loves being stuck with one decoration for life, so plan for changes.
- Decorate using spill-proof materials – for kitchen and areas prone to spills, use vinyl tex finish on upholstery fabrics. Preventing damage is better than having to buy new items.
It’s important to note that it’s possible to have a beautiful but boring set up. Avoid this with your life by applying the tips above. What you need are awesome looking, fun, warm and inviting spaces.
The Effects Of Different Colors In Your Home
Colors are an essential part of human nature. Over the years, colors have been used to communicate various signs and actions. Take, for example, the three colors used on a traffic light signify several activities. When the light turns green, it means you can go. Once it turns red, it means stop. When it turns orange, it either telling you to get ready to go or stop.
Research has also shown that color can affect your mood and your psychology as well. Not much relevance is given to the importance of colors and how it affects us. But in recent times, much thought has been given to it mainly by artist, designers and other similar areas like interior décor.
A professional artist or painter can send a message or communicate with his or her audience with colors.
How about interior décor? Interior decoration is not complete if there are no colors. What’s more important is how these colors are combined and the effect it has on the space or room. Take, for instance, you just finished building and are ready to furnish your apartment. The colors you introduce in each part of the building is what brings out the beauty of your design taste.
Truth is most people don’t pay any attention to the color choices they make as long as it looks appealing to the eyes. However, you must know that colors can affect your physical, emotional, and mental state.
Which Is the Right Color Choice
Choosing which colors to apply in your home is based on an individual’s taste and choice. But making this choice can be a bit tasking. You would be amazed at the power colors have when it comes to furnishing. Always acknowledge the fact that each color has its psychological value.
Equipping yourself with the basics about colors will help you answer two essential questions during color choice; what is the mood I’m looking to set or create? What color combinations will help me get that mood?
Combining colors to achieve a mod doesn’t mean using too many colors in a room. Applying too many colors would end up making the room look too busy.
Colors and Their Effects
As earlier mentioned, every color has its psychological value and the effect it has in a room. There are two main categories of colors; warm and cool. Colors like red, orange, brown, and yellow fall under the warm colors category. While blue, green, and white are under the category of cool colors.
Below is a detailed breakdown of home interior design colors and their respective effects;
The blue color is known to come with that serene and relaxing effect. If you are looking to calm your nerves and cool off, a room painted with blue is the best place to be. It equally helps balance your breathing, reduces heart rate and blood pressure as well. The blue color is mostly seen in bathrooms, bedrooms, and in some cases, the living room as well.
The one color that is bold and primarily signifies danger, anger, and aggression is the red color. Red is an intense and energetic color and thus raises heart rate and blood pressure as well. This color is best for socializing as it can stir up conversations. Areas in which red color can be used are the dining area and places in the home that are meant for entertainment.
This color brings nothing but positive energy. Yellow is the color that is directly associated with smileys and sunshine. This is a very happy, energetic, and cheerful color. It gives the house that welcoming and uplifting feel. Best places to use the yellow color are the kitchen, hallways, and dining rooms as well. This is one color that should be applied moderately because too much yellow can trigger aggression and frustration.
Once you think green, you think about nature and health. It is like bringing the natural and outdoor feel into your home. The green color is known to reduce anxiety, relieve stress, and help with relaxation, just like blue. This is a versatile color that fits almost any room you choose to use it in the house.
Pink is the lighter version of red. But unlike red, pink is a calm and soothing color. This color establishes love, gentleness, and kindness in the room. Because of the nurturing and playful nature of the color, it is best to use this color in the children’s room.
This color is associated with confidence, happiness, and creativity. Seeing the energy level that comes with the orange color, it is an excellent color selection for areas used for exercise.
Knowledge is power, and colors are not only necessary for beautification and decoration. Alwayys give some thought when choosing colors to paint in your home. Think about how you want to feel and how you want others to feel in specific areas in your home. Colors are an essential part of human nature. Over the years, colors have been used to communicate various signs and actions. Take, for example, the three colors used on a traffic light signify several activities. When the light turns green, it means you can go. Once it turns red, it means stop. When it turns orange, it either telling you to get ready to go or stop.
How to Adjust Your New Puppy to Your Home
5 Design Tips for an Awesome and Organized Kid’s Playroom
The 50 Best Decorating Tips of All Time
- Appartments1 year ago
Detoxing Your Home – What & How
- Appartments1 year ago
Clean Your Room Today: Magic Tricks To Keep Everything Nice & Tidy With No Sweat
- Home Design Tips2 years ago
How To Turn Your Home Into Smart Home Under A Budget.
- Home Design Tips2 years ago
Necessary items to have in a smart home
- Business2 years ago
Top Ten International Companies that can help You Turn Your Home into a Smart Home
- Home Decoration1 year ago
The Effects Of Different Colors In Your Home
- Home Decoration2 years ago
Top 10 Things to Remember When Thinking to Decorate the House
- Furnitures2 years ago
Guide To Choosing The Perfect Hardwood